Self direct support is an amount of money paid directly to you to pay for your care and support. It is intended to give you more control and flexibility over your care, by letting you choose how you use the money to meet your needs.
Self direct support are given by health and social care (HSC) trusts. Your HSC trust will have to carry out a needs assessment to decide if you are eligible for support. You can only use a direct payment for the kinds of care and support you have been assessed as needing.
Strabane & District Caring Services deliver a person- centred approach, you are the centre of our care, this will empower you to select what support you need and want and when you need it, it gives you the choice and what is important to YOU.
Features of our Self Direct Support service
- Meal Preparation & Assistance
- Assistance with personal care, feeding, mobility transfers
- Light household duties
- Assisted Shopping / Shopping Service
- Toileting, catheter and stoma care
- Attending the Cinema, going to the library, attending religious services
- Attending the Gym, exercise classes, gardening, walking